There is only one position open at our cooperative at this time:
Fill out an application here and mail to our office with your resume or e-mail it to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until July 1, 2017.
Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an electric distribution cooperative which was established in 1938, it is one of the 25 Ohio electric Cooperatives in Ohio. Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative is a nonprofit, Member-owned electric utility serving nearly 11,000 members in 10 northwest Ohio counties. For more information about Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative, Inc. visit www.hwe.coop or call 800-445-4840.
Ensures system reliability by designing and costing extensions, maintenance and/or upgrades for electric services to new and existing premises and developments. Secures utility rights-of-way; administers utility policies, prepares agreements and contracts; meets with members and explains utility issues and concerns; performs other member service activities. Responsible for member contact and account management for Builder and Developer, and other similar member and sales programs. Interprets and communicates company procedures for members, and makes decisions within established policy and procedure guidelines.
- Designs, costs and completes supportive documentation for the construction of new electric facilities and the reconstruction of existing electric facilities, including extension, trenching and other agreements; specification of equipment; joint trench and pole use memos; and warehouse material notices.
- Prepare load studies and recommend changes and additions required to meet the member's needs.
- Evaluates and determines the appropriate metering of new service installations to assure accurate operation and proper application.
- Analyzes and directs member requests for combining or separating existing services to provide fair and efficient use of energy.
- Assists members by providing information and explaining utility policies, procedures, practices and activities including terms and conditions, extension and construction advances, rates, and energy efficiency, in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs documented line inspections and provides appropriate information to operations in order to perform required maintenance.
A thorough knowledge of drafting techniques, National Electric Safety Code (NESC), National Electric Code (NEC), electrical theory, and regulations pertaining to utilities is preferred. Must be able to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
Must be able to plan, schedule and manage complex projects, and be able to establish effective working relationships with construction crew and other team leaders, employees, contractors, internal and external members, and management. Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer. Must be able to organize and plan work projects. Must be skilled in dealing and communicating with people. Must be able to express him/herself well orally and in writing. The ability to set up and use surveying instruments is highly desirable.
One year experience in relative field plus an Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar field is preferred.
Two years’ experience as a Service Planner or three years of construction design and member contact experience in an engineering, operations or similar position is preferred.