All Electric/Dual Fuel/Air Source Heat Pump Rebate
Hancock-Wood offers a $700 Rebate on New or Replacement All Electric/Dual Fuel/Air Source Heat Pump System Installations, until Funds are Depleted.
Installation of a Radio-Controlled Switch or RCS on one of the above systems, is required for rebate; however, not all systems are able to accept having a switch installed. This will only affect $100 of the entire rebate. Please call us so we can schedule an evaluation of your system.
An all electric heat pump system consists of a heat pump with an electric furnace or air handler. A dual-fuel system consists of an oil, gas or propane furnace with an add-on electric heat pump. In the summer, the heat pump becomes a central air conditioning unit, and provides cooling comfort by collecting heat from the air in your home and expelling it outside.
For more information on heat pumps, click here.
Hancock-Wood's rebate budget is limited. Offer is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Offer expires when funds are depleted.
- This rebate only is available to residential Members of Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative.
- We encourage Members to hire an HVAC contractor who is an active member of the Better Business Bureau, for installation. Some of these local contractors may be found on the Cooperative's Heat Pump, Air Source/Dual Fuel Dealer list
- This rebate is for only new ENERGY STAR® certified systems purchased between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
- If you pay less for your heat pump or dual fuel/air source system than the rebate amount, you will receive the amount you paid.
- A maximum of two rebates may be paid per residential Member home from Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
How do I participate?
- Contact Us before you purchase your system to inquire whether or not the system you are considering will work with our radio-controlled switches or RCSs, which help us to regulate peak demand and keep rates stable.
- As the dual fuel system is being installed, you must have a free radio-controlled switch added to the AC side of the system. Contact us to have this scheduled. We require the switch to remain installed on the unit for the life of the system. (NOTE: not all systems are conducive to having a switch installed, so please call us to inquire whether or not the system you are considering will work with our switches.
- When the technician arrives to install your switch, please have the following information available:
- Your name, address, phone, email
- Installing contractor name, address, phone, fax, email
- Brand/manufacturer name
- Model number
- Serial number
- If this installation is applied to a propane, gas, or oil furnace
- A check will be mailed to the Member within four weeks.