All Electric/Dual Fuel/Air Source Heat Pump Rebate
Hancock-Wood offers a $700 Rebate on New or Replacement Energy Star All Electric/Dual Fuel/Air Source Heat Pump System Installations, until Funds are Depleted.
Also receive a four-month (June - Sept.) $5.50 bill credit whether the switch is activated or not. This is part of our program to help control the demand for electricity and continue to stabilize rates.
Installation of a Radio-Controlled Switch is required for rebate; however, not all systems are able to accept having a switch installed. If your system will not accept a switch, this will only affect $100 of the entire rebate. Please call us so we can schedule an evaluation of your system.
An all electric heat pump system consists of a heat pump with an electric furnace or air handler. A dual-fuel system consists of an oil, gas or propane furnace with an add-on electric heat pump. In the summer, the heat pump becomes a central air conditioning unit, and provides cooling comfort by collecting heat from the air in your home and expelling it outside.
For more information on heat pumps, click here.
- Hancock-Wood rebates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis between Jan. 1, 2021 and Dec. 31, 2021, or when funds are depleted, or the program is discontinued.
- This rebate only is available to residential Members of Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative.
- This rebate is for only new ENERGY STAR® certified systems.
- Requirements Split System 15 SEER and 8.2 HSPF or greater Single Package System 14.0 SEER and 8.0 HSPF or greater
- If you pay less for your heat pump or dual fuel/air source system than the rebate amount, you will receive the amount you paid.
- A maximum of two rebates may be paid per residential Member home from Jan. 1, 2021 and Dec. 31, 2021.
- A heat pump unit that does not qualify for the ENERGY STAR rebate can qualify for a $100 rebate by having an RCS installed where one does not exist. The $5.50 monthly bill credit annually (June-September) will also apply to these installations.
How do I participate?
- Contact Us before you purchase your system to inquire whether or not the system you are considering will work with our radio-controlled switches or RCSs, which help us to regulate peak demand and keep rates stable.
- As the dual fuel system is being installed, you must have a free radio-controlled switch added to the AC side of the system. Contact us to have this scheduled. We require the switch to remain installed on the unit for the life of the system. (NOTE: not all systems are conducive to having a switch installed, so please call us to inquire whether or not the system you are considering will work with our switches.
- When the technician arrives to install your switch, please have the following information available: - Your name, address, phone, email - Installing contractor name, address, phone, fax, email - Brand/manufacturer name - Model number - Serial number - If this installation is applied to a propane, gas, or oil furnace.
- A check will be mailed to the Member within four weeks.