Water Heater and Blanket Insulation Rebates
Water Heater Rebates
A free Radio-Controlled Switch or RCS must be installed on the water heater to receive the rebate. The switch allows Hancock-Wood to turn off a Member's water heater for a few hours during peak use times, which helps to keep rates stabilized for all Members. Typically, Members are not measurably affected because the switches are activated at the start of the brief control period when there is a full tank of hot water.
Rebate for new homes and fuel-to-electric conversions (natural gas, propane or fuel oil). Heat-pump water heaters and on-demand water heaters are not eligible for this program.
Hancock-Wood's rebate budget is limited; offer expires when funds are depleted on a first come, first served basis, or when the program is discontinued.
- 50 gallon tank minimum
- Must be .91 energy factor minimum (listed in the product's details)
- Must be installed in a new home or upgrade in a fuel-to-electric conversion (ie: natural gas/propane/fuel oil to electric)
- Must comply with all applicable local and Ohio plumbing and electrical code requirements
- Heat-pump water heaters and on-demand water heaters are not eligible for this program.
- Radio-controlled switch must be installed in order to receive rebate and remain in place for the life of the unit
- If you pay less for your water heater than the rebate amount, you will receive the amount you paid.
- Heat pump water heaters and on-demand water heaters are not eligible for this program
- Be sure to review product warranties before purchasing your water heater. Some manufacturers do not allow installation of our switches; switch is required in order to receive a rebate.
- A maximum of two rebates may be paid per residential Member home.
How do I participate?
- Please Contact Us as soon as installation is complete in order to qualify.
- After your tank has been installed, you must have a free radio-controlled switch added. The switch must remain installed for the life of the unit.
- At the time of your appointment, the HWE Member Services representative will then fill out the proper rebate form in person
- All rebate forms will be submitted by a HWE Member Services representative and a check will be mailed to the Member within four weeks
Water Heater Blanket Insulation Rebates
This rebate is for 3" thickness water-heater insulation blankets purchased between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
Hancock-Wood's rebate budget is limited; offer is available on a first-come, first-served basis, or until funds are depleted.
- This rebate only is available to Members of Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative.
- Must purchase new 3" thickness water heater insulation blanket between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
- Complete rebate form and submit a copy of your receipt and product label.
- If you pay less for your water heater insulation blanket than the rebate amount, you will receive the amount you paid.
- Only new 3" thickness water heater insulation blanket are eligible.
- A maximum of two rebates may be paid per residential Member home from Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
How do I participate?
- Click here or Contact us for a rebate form.
- Complete and submit the rebate form including a copy of your receipt and product label.
- Rebate will be in the form of a bill credit unless indicated by Member.